Greg Sims via Postfix-users:
> I wrote software that reviews the bounces in the Gmail mailbox and
> unsubscribes email addresses from the daily devotion distribution as
> needed.    The software is very conservative in the way this is done.
> Bounces 3 out of 5 consecutive days and only for certain types of errors.
> If our software recognises the bounce, the bounce email is deleted by the
> software from the mailbox.  Once per month I log into Gmail and review the
> remaining bounces manually.  RSM uses Gmail for all of the people who work
> & volunteer for the ministry.  This pattern seemed to fit.
>
> I am looking for a way to resolve our SPF issue.  If sender_canonical_maps
> is the solution, I will give it a try.  Did you expect that using "myorigin
> = raystedman.org" would resolve the SPF issue?

Presumbaly you have to DKIM or SPF or DMARC for hostname.raystedman.org,
so any way to get double-bou...@raystedman.org should help.

You have to be careful about mailer loops, though.

Postfix gives special treatmment to <> and <double-bounce@$mynostname>
to avoid an infinite loop of notifications for failed notifications.

So there waas a typo in my earlier sender_canonical_maps example,
where I used _  instead of -.

     sender_canonical_maps = inline:{
         { double-bou...@mail01.raystedman.ora =
           double-bou...@raystedman.org } }

Specitying a domain in the double_bounce_sender setting will not work.
The implementation does not expect @ in the double_bounce_sender
value, and should handle that.