> On Jun 17, 2024, at 4:27 PM, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users
> <postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:
>
> Paul Schmehl via Postfix-users:

>>> No debug logging needed. This information is ALWAYS logged:
>>>
>>> Example of client that sends starttls:
>>>   disconnect from host[addr] ehlo=2 starttls=1 mail=1 rcpt=1 data=1 quit=1
>>> commands=7
>>
>> When I grep for 'disconnect from' I get 118,816 entries in the
>> log. 20,297 of those are from one IP.
>>
>> When I look in the logs for the timestamp that is in the roundcube
>> smtp log, I find nothing.
>
> Yeah. Are your clocks properly synchronized, like NTP? Or do you
> use whatever the clock on the motherboard says?

I have a cron job that runs daily to sync the clocks to an atomic standard.

>> [17-Jun-2024 15:24:58 -0500]: <so35oiot> Recv: 220 mail.stovebolt.com ESMTP
>> Postfix
> [successsful auth, mail, rcpt, data and so on.]
>
> Clearly you solved a problem by June 17.

Yes, I switched to port 25 and stopped trying to get roundcube to work on the
other ports. I know someone said I should use port 465, but nothing I tried
worked, so I gave up.

>> So, that's one session in Roundcube. There should be a corresponding entry
>> in the maillog, right?
>>
>> grep "15:24:5" /var/log/maillog
>
> You can do that only if your clocks are accurate to within two seconds,
> otherwise it could already be 15:25:0* on the host that runs Postfix.

Both apps on on the same server and *should* be using the same clock.

I don’t want to waste any more of your time. It’s working, so I’m happy.

Paul Schmehl
paul.schm...@gmail.com