785 243 via Postfix-users:
> I want to implement rate limiting based on the target server rather
> than by recipient domain. Specifically, I want to rate limit email
> sent to domains like yahoo.com, ymail.com, aol.com, myyahoo.com, and
> verizon.net as a group, since these domains appears to be handled by
> the same servers. This grouping should be done in case the receiving
> server does not discriminate based on domain for rate limiting
> purposes.

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
    smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        check_recipient_mx_access hash:/etc/postfix/mx_access
    # Also reduces concurreny to 1.
    smtp-yahoodns_destination_rate_delay =1
    # Don't declare yahoo dead after a single failure.
    smtp-yahoodns_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit = 5

/etc/postfix/mx_access:
    # For yahoo.com, ymail.com, myyahoo.com.
    yahoodns.net        FILTER smtp-yahoodns:

/postfix/master.cf
    smtp-yahoodns unix .. .. .. .. .. .. smtp

This sends one message per second.