> On Jun 19, 2024, at 7:13 PM, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users
> <postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:
>
> postfix--- via Postfix-users:
>>> does smtp have an action "discard"? if so where messages will be discarded?
>>> I see smtp code has "reject" while sieve has "discard". So I am asking this
>>> question.
>>
>> http://www.postfix.org/header_checks.5.html
>> There is a DISCARD action.
>
> Also in http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html

This discussion raises a question for me. I use spamassassin: in master.cf:
spamassassin unix -      n       n       -       -      pipe
    user=spamd argv=/usr/bin/spamc -f -e /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f ${sender}
${recipient}

Is there a place in postfix where I could discard mail if it has a spam score
higher than say 4 or 5? I know that postfix hands the mail off to spamassassin
for processing and then receives it back for delivery, but I’m unclear what
checks could be implemented to catch spam and discard it.

This is what I could match on: X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=2.1

If the score was higher than some number (e.g >4) than reject the mail.

Paul Schmehl
paul.schm...@gmail.com