Hi,

I'm running PostFix 3.2.2 on Mac OS Sonoma, configured to accept local delivery
for a single local login user, i.e. a user that actually has an account on the
Mac.

To that end, I have the following in main.cf:

 local_recipient_maps = proxy:unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps

This has worked fine AFAICT for some years.

However, as I understand it, MacOS uses Open Directory to manage normal users'
login info. As a result, there are no entries for normal users in /etc/passwd.

Does the "passwd" accessor in PostFix talk to Open Directory on MacOS, or is
the above use of "unix:passwd.byname" effectively a no-op?

In that case, perhaps the reason my setup works is that I've also added said
user to the "/etc/postfix/access" DB?

Cheers,
- Bob Fuhrer