> Unfortunately, it doesn't work as is, b/c one can't use the C
> preprocessor "defined()" operator on enum symbols, which the various
> MYSQL_OPT_SSL_* symbols all are. You can basically only reference
> preprocessor macro symbols in the #if-test.
>
> (BTW, the patch you inlined didn't have a leading space on the
> common-context lines, so `patch` barfed on it until I fixed that.)

This is "diff -u" output which has +, -,  or space prepended to
each source line. If MacOS email mis-handles leading space, then
that is too bad.

> I couldn't find a suitable "capability macro", i.e., something
> that signals at the preprocessor level that the new options API
> is available.
>
> Instead, I replaced the #if-test in your patch with just:
>
> #if MYSQL_VERSION_ID >= 80035

Where does that number come from? It needs to be a version that
introduces all the the MYSQL_OPT_SSL_XXX features that Postfix
needs. This is the preferred API, and it won't be removed in another
10 years.