On 22.07.24 08:22, Chris Wopat via Postfix-users wrote:
I'm in the process of rebuilding a mail relay server from Centos 7 (postfix
2.10.x) -> Ubuntu 22 (Postfix 3.6.x).

This is a mail relay server that will relay mail for our customers if their
IP is whitelisted in /etc/postfix/access. We have no local users and are
not doing any per-user authentication, just source IP. ISP style
environment.

We've ported our config over, which works on port 587 but not on port 25 -
we are getting "Recipient address rejected" on 25 only. I've stared at the
config quite a bit and am not spotting the issue - curious if anyone else
can?

Note that when i turned peer debugging on, it logs this section for SMTP/25
but not for 587:

CHECKING Recipient address VALIDATION MAPS <<<

the full error message would be better, I can only guess that new server thinks it's the final destination for the recipient domain and the provided recipient is not known to it.

and it fails here. Unsure what the proper workaround is, or if some default
behaviour has changed between 2.x and 3.x causing this?

There are many difference between centos and ubuntu, between 2.10 and 3.6 etc.
It's hard to guess from the few information you have provided.

What is the destination domain provided by sending IP and is it listed in mydestination?

--master.cf--
smtpinetn - y - - smtpd
submission inet n - y - - smtpd
-o syslog_name=postfix/submission
-o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
-o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
-o smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=no
-o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING

this is misformatted so I find it hard to read, but I guess the "smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=no" is why recipient is not rejected on port 587.

REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.