Yo!

Thanks for the suggestion and the links.

Unfotunately as per,

https://fail2ban.readthedocs.io/en/latest/filters.html

and my previous moan.

Fail2Ban is retro-active and tries to deal with all of the
everything...

https://fail2ban.readthedocs.io/en/latest/filters.html#developing-filters

and if someone decides that my operating system does not need logfiles,
perhaps to save write wear on my Micro SD, it would be a bit lost.

As I have suggested I am more than thick so having tried Fail2Ban a
couple of times I gave up. Mea Culpa.

In part I suppose that's why I used RFC in the title because if Postfix
is Postfix and considers something like this other mail server
implementations might think "that's a good idea" or I am a nutter.

I am at the level where I don't understand header_checks but can reject
so I don't end up with stuff in my inbox but even header_checks appears
to have an extended language of its own that is beyond me...

Prototype

/hotmail/ REJECT "Shove Your SEO/APP Spam" EXCEPT /mywife,mykid,hmrc/

I guess I am saying that I am simple and don't need to deal with
SuperUser stuff including having to intstall other stuff that has to
take my guess as to what it is dealing with in a differently wierd way.

Bob