Matus UHLAR - fantomas via Postfix-users wrote in
 <zqc5rnftyi7cw...@fantomas.sk>:
 |>* Bill Cole via Postfix-users:
 |>> Some systems are configured to "oversign" headers, essentially signing
 |>> the non-existence.
 |
 |On 24.07.24 02:11, Ralph Seichter via Postfix-users wrote:
 |>Shhh! We don't want to advertise that in this scenario, do we? ;-)
 |>Still, you are correct to point out that the DKIM spec allows for these
 |>kinds of shenanigans.
 |
 |in Debian/opendkim, only From: is oversigned, which is to prevent adding \
 |fake
 |From: header which could confuse recipient and/or its MUA.
 |

 |>> Any addition of headers that are oversigned will break a DKIM
 |>> signature. Some ill-advised systems oversign List-* headers on every
 |>> message.
 |>
 |>Ill-advised is putting it mildly. If one is messing with the headers
 |>which make mailing lists work, but allows their users to subscribe to
 |>mailing lists, one is more than a little cookoo.
 |
 |looking at RFC 6376 secion 5.4.1, it recommends signing these headers.
 |
 |However, together with comment above, it should be safe if you don't
 |oversign them - I don't expect List-* header to appears in any mail \
 |sent to
 |the list, and their appearance can indicate error.

"Oversigning maximum" seems built-in (possibly off-by-default)
default, i think.  (Also remembering a saying' of Scott Kitterman
on some IETF list not too long ago, this year.)
In the last version of my s-dkim-signa 0.6.2 (May 30th) i added
even more (also mostly useless combinations like content-id: that
normally not happen in the main header).

It is just that normal user email should not seal headers that
are necessarily placed by mailing-lists.  Ie my own software has
(thus) several built-in sets to choose from, with the special "+"
variant to be used by mailing-lists only:

  #?0|kent:src$ /usr/lib/s-dkim-sign --header-seal-show
  @: author from subject date to cc resent-author resent-date resent-from
resent-sender resent-to resent-cc resent-reply-to resent-message-id in-reply-to