On Jul 30, 2024, at 16:13, Darren Rambaud via Postfix-users
<postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:
> In `/etc/postfix/access`, did you try adding all of these entries?
> stupidspammers.example REJECT
> .stupidspammers.example REJECT
> spamgateway.nil REJECT
>
> .spamgateway.nil REJECT

> Then re-run postmap and restart postfix?
> Documentation for postfix indicate this should work to block all e-mails
> originating from these domains.

The "access" file currently contains REJECT lines for both "spamgateway.nil"
(no leading period) and ".spamgateway.nil" (leading period), and I did the
postmap-and-restart dance after updating it, but the e-mails are still coming
through.  My understanding (see also Wietse's first response) is that adding
"stupidspammers.example" won't accomplish anything, as that domain is only in
the message headers and isn't the domain of the actual server the e-mails are
coming from.

-- John Wodder