On Thu, Sep 05, 2024 at 11:49:35AM +0530, Burn Zero wrote:

> Thank you Viktor. So I assume reloading postfix frequently (on a busy
> server) will not affect the email delivery.

Actually, it would be quite bad, because one of the internal services that
will restart each time will be the queue manager, and on a busy server,
that's can have an adverse impact.

You SHOULD NOT need to do either restart or reload "frequently".  If
you want near real-time data sources use SQL or similar, but even
better to have a fairly stable configuration.

> It is required for our setup. We have many internal devices(100's) that
> needs to send email.

Don't list each device directly in "mynetworks".  List CIDR blocks, and
if you need really fine-grained submission access control, you probably
want SASL creds or TLS client certs (whichever is supported on the
"devices").

Of course you can set:

    mynetworks = pgsql:${config_directory}/mynetworks.cf

and define a suitable table that's updated as needed.  But keep in mind
that SQL is not CIDR, so the lookup keys will be the full addresses not,
address/mask forms.

--
    Viktor.