On Sat, 7 Sept 2024 at 10:55, Peter via Postfix-users <
postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:

> Postscreen has several advantages here in that it allows you to block
> based on a weighted score, so that you can give each individual RBL a
> score based on how reliable you believe it to be and then require a
> certain score in order to actually block.  It's not as comprehensive as
> SpamAssassin but is more tunable than smtpd and a lot lighter weight, so
> if you can eliminate a lot of spam based on postscreen RBL blocking then
> you end up passing way fewer messages through to SpamAssassin and thus
> considerably lessen the load on your system.  SpamAssassin can then do a
>   more comprehensive (and decidedly more resource intensive) scan on the
> remaining mail to flag the bulk of the rest.

I see, thanks. Assuming for a moment that resources for the SA checks
weren't an issue, if I had this for postscreen to help with
occasional pregreet issues, then rely on Spamassassin for all other checks,
would that work?

postscreen_dnsbl_threshold = 0
postscreen_dnsbl_allowlist_threshold = -1
postscreen_dnsbl_sites =  list.dnswl.org=127.0.[0..255].[2..3]*-2

I take it from what you say though that it's not a common configuration
(and assuming all the pregreet checks are turned on). It's just that I'm
toying with the idea of giving our users (who are mostly pretty savvy)
control over their own Spamassassin user_prefs files :)

Jonathan