Wietse Venema wrote:
Darek M.:
Hi there, my postfix "smart relay" install queries my LDAP system where it was never configured to do so.

The OS is configured with LDAP/KRB5 authentication and does user/group lookups via LDAP using nss_ldap:

# egrep 'passwd|group' /etc/nsswitch.conf
  group: files ldap
  group_compat: nis
  passwd: files ldap
  passwd_compat: nis

I disabled local delivery as per "The book of Postfix":
  mydestination =
  local_recipient_maps =
  local_transport = error:local mail delivery is disabled

Every Postfix process needs to look up the postfix user, and for
sanity checks it also looks up the postdrop group.

Postfix does not look up this user/group information via LDAP. The
system library does the lookups via the nsswitch mechanism.

        Wietse

Right, if those are system user lookups then there's no way to avoid it if I want to keep ldap/kerberos auth. I just wasn't clear about whether these were local destination lookups.

Thanks.