> Victor Duchovni wrote:

>>> !raven.cabm.rutgers.edu

>>> you
>>> message
>>> and
>>> as
>>> masqueraded.

>>> "cabm.rutgers.edu"
>>>
>>> (mail for puma.cabm.rutgers.edu loops back to myself)
>>> (mail for buena.cabm.rutgers.edu loops back to myself)
>>> (mail for falcon.cabm.rutgers.edu loops back to myself)
>>> (mail for rhino.cabm.rutgers.edu loops back to myself)
>>
>> This is not unedited logging. Show all logging for the queue-ids in
>> question.
>
> messages in maillog look like this ...
>
> Apr 12 05:25:21 roadrunner postfix/smtp[10809]: B7D9311D8008:
> to=<r...@buena.cabm.rutgers.edu>, relay=none, delay=43453,
> delays=43453/0.01/0/0, dsn=4.4.6, status=SOFTBOUNCE (mail for
> buena.cabm.rutgers.edu loops back to myself)

I am still unclear on resolving this issue.  As I mentioned, my previous
postfix with the same configuration allowed all hosts on my single(no
virtual)domain configuration to be masqueraded.  This was true for all
hosts except those specified in masquerade_domains with the ! negation.
I want to do exactly this for the new server, but mail to
u...@hostmane.domain.edu does not masquerade and receives the loops back
to myself error.  It is perplexing that such a simple issue cannot have a
simple resolution, or did something change between postfix--2.0.18 and
postfix-2.3.3?