On Wed, 13 May 2009 15:21:47 -0400
Victor Duchovni <victor.ducho...@morganstanley.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 08:54:18PM +0200, richard lucassen wrote:
>
> > IIRC there's a limit for limiting outgoing smtp connections. I just
> > can't find it. Anyone a hint?
>
>     http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_process_limit

This is just where I was looking and where I got lost...

>     http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_destination_concurrency_limit

The maximal number of parallel deliveries to the same destination. I
need to limit ALL destiations...

>     http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relay_destination_concurrency_limit

The maximal number of parallel deliveries to the same destination via
the relay message delivery transport.

>     http://www.postfix.org/master.5.html      (Process limit)

Wel, if I limit the number of smtpd processes, do I also limit the
incoming connections?

For the moment I limit the number of outgoing smtp connections through
an iptables rule.

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |
| Public key and email address:                                    |
| http://www.lucassen.org/mail-pubkey.html                         |