MacShane, Tracy wrote:
Yes, there is unfortunately such a need, because RHEL5 is only up to
Postfix 2.3, and we require functionality from Postfix 2.5 and up
(destination_rate_delay).

This leads to an interesting question all its own:

I'm running the same Postfix config I built years ago under probably 2.2 or 2.3. Is there a document somewhere or a process by which I can "modernize" the config? Periodically I'll be told that a line I'm using is deprecated by something newer, and I'd like to get with the times...
The OS administrators do not permit GCC and
devel libraries on the SMTP servers I maintain (and fair enough).
Nor should they-- this is what a staging environment is for. Build it on a staging box, test the heck out of it, and then push the binaries out to the production farm.
Also,
installing non-RPM packages can obviously cause clashes when installing
other RH updates (at least RPM is clever enough not to try installing
Postfix 2.3 patches when it finds 2.5 already installed).

Urm... add Postfix to your yum excludes file and the problem goes away.

--
Corey Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist