On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:18:04PM -0700, J Sloan wrote:
> Wietse Venema wrote:
> > Instead of sending MySQL queries over a WAN connection, have you
> > considered using a local MySQL replica instead? When the WAN hiccups,
> > the replica keeps answering to the local MTAs.
> >

> That is another approach, and certainly worthy of consideration. At one
> time we were running a local copy of policyd on each postfix server, but
> that has it's drawbacks as well.

What drawbacks did you experience?  We run a local policyd instance on each
postfix server too, all connecting to a central (not replicated) MySQL.
Policyd's behaviour when MySQL becomes unavailable is configurable, it can
either tempfail (4xx) all incoming e-mail or "dunno" it.

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  g...@telenet.be  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F