On Mon, May 18, 2009 14:48:12 PM -0400, Victor Duchovni wrote:

> I, for one, would urge the more sophisticated users, who need the
> latest release, to learn how to use/build source RPMs, and build the
> official Postfix release via source RPM that resembles the vendor's
> support source RPM, but uses a more recent Postfix version.

just for the record: there are cases where willingness or
unwillingness to learn rpm packaging is irrelevant. Like when one, for
whatever reason, has no possibility to set up any extra system
(including a virtual machine) where packages could be built. I won't
explain it in more detail because it was already done here about one
year ago, when the exact identical discussion took place.

Marco
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84