On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
> tom lee:
>> postqueue -p and mailq doesn't display the queued mails sorted based
>> on the arrival time.
>
> Why can't you let the mail system work FOR you,

This is the special system dealing things differently.
Thanks for you and other's help. I learned a lot and know to handle it now.

One more thing, I have MAILDIR set to an external storage server which
is not available in unexpected event, the mail will be delivered to
mail_spool_directory. I have to resend them from mail_spool_directory
when the external storage is up. Is there a way to let mail
hangs in the queue and re-deliver when the external storage is up?

thanks,

Tom