Thomas Bergstam schrieb:
> Refering to the earlier subjects on RPMs and 2.6:
>
> I have Suse 11.1 which includes Postfix 2.5.5. It is not easy to
> uninstall that (YAST wants to replace it with EXIM or SENDMAIL) due to
> dependencies. Is it possible to just upgrade it if I manually compile
> 2.6.1 and replace the old one?   Or do I break any librarys or anything
> else?

wait until the rpm is in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/mail/openSUSE_11.1/
( you can have this as additional source in yast)
ask the build service to force the building
alternative download the latest src rpm
change the spec to match 2.6.1 download
2.6.1 sources tar(gz,bz) in the source, rebuild
with rpmbuild -ba postfix.spec
you may have to install others libs before too
to solve depecies for recompile
mostly this works, then update with rpm -U
but dont forget this might brake you existing postfix setup etc , so
test it before, and/or make backups, in a testing server ( vmware etc )

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria