On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 04:45:34PM -0700, admin2 wrote:

> I have a question about changing the default behavior of postfix.  As
> current configuration stands I need to add a mailman maillist hosted by
> virtual hosts/domains I need to add the to list entries to the /var/lib/
> mailman/data/aliases file and also the /etc/postfix/virtual file
>
> Is there any way to get postfix to deliver mail to a virutal domain/hosted
> email, such as a mailman maillist, if it is found in the /var/lib/
> mailman/data/aliases file but does not appear in the /etc/postfix/virtual
> file?
>
> What about allowing postfix to deliver Incoming mail if an user and/or
> maillist address is a local user but does not appear in the
> /etc/postfix/virtual file?

The make(1) program allows you coordinate the construction of multiple
output files based on changes in one or more input files. To avoid having
to change multiple output files by hand, use make(1) to build from one
or more input files where each logical change requires you to edit just
one input file.

Postfix itself has orthogonal mechanisms that can be used in a wide
variety of use-cases. It will not be coerced into a particular set
of assumptions.

--
        Viktor.