Hi there,

I added a second listener in my master.cf. For this listener I added
the option message_size_limit=20480000 to increase the maximum size
for emails sent via this additional listener.

192.168.xxx.xxx:25       inet    n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
-o content_filter=
                        -o message_size_limit=20480000

When I now connect to the server it correctly notifies me about the
maximum message size.

vs100:/home/simon # telnet 192.168.xxx.xxx 25
Trying 192.168.xxx.xxx...
Connected to 192.168.xxx.xxx.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail2.example.com ESMTP Postfix
EHLO mail1.example.com
250-mail2.example.com
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 20480000
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250 8BITMIME
quit
221 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.

Sending a message larger than the default size of 10MB still results
in an error message.

552 Error: message too large

The message size after BASE64 encoding was approx. 14MB.

Can anyone point me into the right direction, what I'm doing wrong?

BR,
Simon