Mayuresh Kasture wrote:
Hello All,

For some reason, I want to set two mail servers on one machine. One of them is Postfix. The setup is such that Postfix should receive mails at port 4567 and should send mails corresponding to domain "kmail4u.com <http://kmail4u.com>" to port 25 of the same machine where other mail server(coded by me) is waiting for incoming mails.

I have installed and configured bind9 which properly associates domain kmail4u.com <http://kmail4u.com> with the IP address of the machine. And postfix listens to port 4567.

But, when I send a mail to port 4567 addressed to x...@kmail4u.com <mailto:x...@kmail4u.com>, I get a delivery failure with message "mail for kmail4u.com <http://kmail4u.com/> loops back to myself"

Please don't post in html. On gmail, press the [Plain Text] button when composing.

This is a part of main.cf <http://main.cf> file which tries to set this domain as virtual mailbox domain.

relay_domains = $mydomain gmail.com <http://gmail.com> yahoo.co.in <http://yahoo.co.in>

Why in the world would you list gmail and yahoo as relay domains??? That makes you an open relay to any address at those domains.

Don't do that.

http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html

virtual_transport = smtp:kmail4u.com:25 <http://kmail4u.com:25>
virtual_mailbox_domains = kmail4u.com <http://kmail4u.com>
virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmailbox

And /etc/postfix/vmailbox contains,

@kmail4u.com <http://kmail4u.com>    XXXX

Can anybody suggest how I can achieve this set up?

The "loops back to myself" message is caused when postfix is greeted with its own hostname. One instance needs a different hostname.

I fear the gun is pointing at your foot... Before pulling the trigger maybe you should describe your project in more detail.

Thanks,
Mayuresh

  -- Noel Jones