You didn't specify enough details.  What firewall you are using, what
your DNS servers run, etc.  But, I had a similar situation at my last
company.  We were using BIND for DNS and setup a different view for the
firewall.  That may be one option.

It may be a better option just to setup a rule on the firewall to send
everything destined for the external IP of the mail server to the
internal IP.  That may or may not work depending on your configuration
and whether or not your firewall is involved in filtering traffic to
your external mail server currently.

MG

Postfix
> Mail Server.
>
> Our example.com domain is registered (internal and external domain are
> same) and it have its own MX record in the internet which points to
our
> external hosting's mail server.
>
> In our firewall, the DNS is pointed to external DNS servers, as usual.
> Now when the firewall is trying to send system related messaged to my
> local account, it is sending to the External Mail Server (bcoz of the
> MX entry from the external DNS) and this mail is rejected because, the
> from address is not able to verify by the external Mail Server ( from
> address from logwatch event is like logwa...@example.com)
>
> Now i want my firewall to send mail to our internal POSTFIX mail
> server. How can i achieve that WITHOUT changing the dns servers to
> internal (it shoud be external in the firewall).
>
> So i feel like, if we can locally set MX which points to Internal
> Postfix Mail Server in the firewall, that will do the trick...
>
> but i dont know whether it is possible or how to do that???

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender and remove it from your system.