On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 13:54 +0200, Magnus Bäck wrote:
> On Thu, June 11, 2009 1:03 pm, Stefan Palme said:
>
> > local_recipient_maps .vs. smtpd_recipient_restrictions - can
> > anybody tell me which test happens first on incoming emails?
>
> You're comparing apples and oranges, but I understand what you mean.
> local_recipient_maps specifies lookup tables that Postfix will consult if
> the recipient address domain is local (i.e. listed in mydestination). This
> check takes place at the end of smtpd_recipient_restrictions, unless you
> explicitly place a reject_unlisted_recipient restriction somewhere else.

Thanks to you and Wietse.

What happens if my smtpd_recipient_restrictions do NOT contain
reject_unlisted_recipients, but contain something like this:

  check_recipient_access pcre:/etc/postfix/filter_incoming

with /etc/postfix/filter_incoming:

  /.*/  FILTER amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024

Will the local_recipient_maps-test happen BEFORE the mail will be
handed over to the filter? I guess the answer is YES, because there
is no AFTER the filter, because the mail will be reinjected by the
filter as a new mail... - I just want to be sure.

Regards
-stefan-