List,

I operate a backup mx for one of my customers. In doing so, I have run into an
issue where I must accept all email regardless
 of weather or not the messages is destined for a valid email account in my
customers email system (which is MS Exchange 2003).

I thought about asking my customer is they would export a list of email
addresses for which they want backup MX service for
so I can place that in a relay_recipient_map, but that process requires ongoing
admin time and might not appeal to them.

The majority of the junk mail I am seeing is in the form of From: u...@domain
and RCPT: u...@domain which is obviously
forged. Would a header_check be the way to go here in order to match and
discard the junk mail in this case? If so, what
would the pcre check look like?

I understand that legitimate users wouldn't be able to send themselves email,
but that fine with me.

best regards,

_Terry