ram wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
>> Note When I send mail from this very server the mails are forwarded
>> according to the virtual_alias_maps.
>> but when I do the same from another server the second server mail.info
>> shows that the message is <sent> successfully.  But the first server
>> where my postfix is running with vitual_alias don't show any thing in
>> logs ( mail.info, mail.err, mail.warn) and even I don't get any mails in
>> mailbox.

Hello Ram,

> That is strange. I have never seen a case where mail is delivered to
> postfix and disappeared without trace in logs.

Even I was too surprised and still so.... You all will be surprised too
knowing the actual reason.
The MX record of this domain was set to honor this postfix server.  but
it was set back to the default  ( there was some H/W problem on the
server company a few days ago ) , that's the domain company server..
which was creating all the problem.  I have discovered this by flipping
the log from the second server from where I was sending mails to the
first one ( postfix ). The *relay* line indicates it was passing from
the server company's server and not from my server. Now  things has come
back, life has again become  happy. Thanks to all of you.
wish you all a great, great time.