2009/6/24 Evan Platt <e...@espphotography.com>:
> At 08:54 PM 6/23/2009, you wrote:
>>
>> Looks as if postifx will not send to mailbox
>> which has close to 50M in the mailbox.
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html
>
> mailbox_size_limit (default: 51200000)
>
> The maximal size of any <http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html>local(8)
> individual mailbox or maildir file, or zero (no limit). In fact, this limits
> the size of any file that is written to upon local delivery, including files
> written by external commands that are executed by the
> <http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html>local(8) delivery agent.
>
> This limit must not be smaller than the message size limit.
>
> Or am I misunderstanding ?

Yes, that sounds right to me. I've not run into the "limits other
locally-delivered files, not just mailboxes" thing, but I'll believe
the docs. For the sake of mentioning it, you can't size-limit users'
maildirs in this way with stock Postfix (unless the mails coming in
are hitting that 50mb limit). This is good or bad depending on what
you want.