2009/6/25 Louis-David Mitterrand <vindex+lists-postfix-us...@apartia.org>:
>        /^((Received|X-Originating-IP):.+\b(124\.120\.1\.(<IP RANGE IN
> REGEX>)\b/
>
> in pcre:/etc/postfix/header_access. But converting IP ranges to regex'es
> is time consuming and error prone.
>
> Is there a way to use a cidr table for header matching while retaining
> control of the prefix ^(Received|X-Originating-IP) ?

I suspect you're out of luck. To be sufficiently general to be useful,
I understand Postfix takes the entire header and uses it as a lookup
key to the defined table (you're not limited to pcre/regexp, but not
much else will be useful). Bare IP addresses of course wouldn't appear
as headers, so you can't use a CIDR table.

> Or another better way?

Someone else may have a better, or they might say you should be using
a DNSBL for this sort of purpose. I personally suspect this IP-based
method won't stay up-to-date enough for practical purposes, which is
why it's probably easier to let someone else do the work and use their
blacklist.