On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, LuKreme wrote:

> I have the following in my main.cf:
>
> <<MAINCF
> #smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender = yes
> mime_header_checks = pcre:$config_directory/mime_headers.pcre
> smtpd_restriction_classes = check_greylist
> check_greylist = check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10023
>
> MAINCF
>
> (there are no leading spaces or stray ,'s, I pasted the lines exactly
> in, including the following blank line.)
>
> but when I look at postconf, the "check_greylist =" does not show up.
>
> $ postconf -n | grep grey
> smtpd_restriction_classes = check_greylist
> $
>
> Is that simply because the check_greylist directive is, itself,
> nonstandard and so not shown by postconf -n?

Correct, check_greylist is not a Postfix configuration parameter, so
postconf(1) does not care about it.

> The reason I ask is that when a message is greylisted, it still 'goes
> on' in the log to hit the RBL check.

You did not include 'postconf -n' as suggested in DEBUG_README, so I can only
guess.  Your RBL check occurs later in smtpd_foo_restrictions, and since the
check_greylist action is != OK, REJECT, or DEFER, Postfix iterates through
the following restrictions, eventually hitting REJECT via zen.spamhaus.org.

--
Sahil Tandon <sa...@tandon.net>