Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
I would like to add custom headers to outgoing messages only:

I tried that with:

smtpd_data_restrictions =
        check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/add_headers/header

and the content of that file:

127.0.0.1 PREPEND X-Custom: my-header

But it gets appended to both incoming and outgoing mail - I use amavisd-new and dkimproxy with Postfix, so at some point, all mail look like it was received locally.

I also tried with "check_sender_access pcre:...", but with similar results.

FILTER_README gave me no good clues either.

Anyone there adding custom headers in Postfix?

Use smtp_header_checks, defined in master.cf on the "smtp" service. Requires postfix 2.5 or newer.

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_header_checks

# master.cf
smtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
  -o smtp_header_checks=regexp:/path/add_my_header

# add_my_header
/^/ PREPEND X-Custom: my header

   -- Noel Jones