K bharathan wrote:
i've been running this relay gateway for 2 yrs now; i'd no problems of backscatters; have got a relay_recipient table and it take care of this; also kept a check on multiple bounces from an empty envelope sender;

this particular scatter was for a customer domain and haven't kept recipient table for that domain since the customer is having their own mail server; in this situation where one has got limited control on other mail server; my intention of post was to know what other precautions can be taken on my gateway

Please don't top-post.

For customer domains, either require a valid recipient list, or use reject_unverified_recipient to let postfix build a recipient list for you.

Use a check_recipient_access table to limit reject_unverified_recipient to only the domains you don't have a list for. There was a discussion about this just a day or two ago.

  -- Noel Jones