Jeff Stampes wrote:
I just run a small server, mainly as a hobby, which I also use to provide
email service for my immediate family members.  I have it all working
fine, except for one odd problem.

While I'm able to read my email globally, I find from my inlaws house I
cannot send any email.  All I've found so far is I never receive a 220
message from the server:

 $ telnet tigger.net 25
 Trying 198.59.16.20...
 Connected to tigger.net.
 Escape character is '^]'.
 Connection closed by foreign host.

This isn't an issue from any other location I've tried over several years.
 I tried disabling iptables on the server, and the problem persists,
suggesting I might be able to rule that out as part of the problem.

Thoughts on where I should start?

postconf -n from each of the hosts involved would be helpful if available.

Given the behavior shown in your sample telnet session, and fact that I can connect to the same host immediately with no problem (as shown below) it would seem that the remote smtp server is rejecting your IP, since the connection is closed by the other end before you can even say ehlo.

j...@matisyahu:~$ telnet tigger.net 25
Trying 198.59.16.20...
Connected to tigger.net.
Escape character is '^]'.