Hello, I have been looking into this for the better part of today. I am using a proxy in front of postfix. In order to be able to AUTH a user through the proxy, the proxy needs the 250-AUTH credentials to show up.

I discovered that mynetworks disables this for those hosts listed in mynetworks. I can of course, remove my local range from the mynetworks, but then local machines need to AUTH to send email through. Not all the systems have this ability.

I have tested this with telnet, and the 250-AUTH will show up if I remove my range from mynetworks. Is there any way to get postfix to always show 250-AUTH? Am I approaching this entirely wrong?

I could dedicate an IP to the proxy, and then enter in all the other IP's into mynetworks, which of course would work and solve this, but I thought I would ask the preferred method here.

Thanks.