On 7/16/2009, Charles Sprickman (sp...@bway.net) wrote:
> -Continued use of Courier-IMAP.  Not so much because I like it, but I
> don't want POP UUIDs changing or any big changes in IMAP quirks that
> suddenly cause users grief.  It seems like Courier+Maildrop is fairly
> common though, so I think I'm safe there.

This is the only thing that I would recommend you reconsider.

Dovecot has been pretty much rock-solid for quite some time now (with a
few minor issues here and there that would only potentially affect those
who upgrade immediately following every release), and after the release
of 1.2, it is making huge strides.

It has a very good conversion utility for Courier-Dovecot that does
preserve POP UIDLs:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/Courier

Of course, dovecot's strongest suit is as an IMAP server, but its POP
capability should be fine too.

The best part though - it is an order of magnitude (or more) faster than
Courier... seriously. It can support far more clients on a single box
than Courier can.

I would strongly urge you to at least do some preliminary testing before
making a final decision...

Anyway, thats my .02 clad coins worth...

--

Best regards,

Charles