I am currently running a Gentoo machine with
Sendmail/MIMEDefang/Spamassassin/Clamav which acts as a front-end mail
server to a couple of different mail servers. The main back-end mail server
is an Exchange 2003 server and the other is currently a Mac OSX machine
running Mailman. I am using a mailertable to direct the different domains
(10 domains go to the Exchange server and 1 domain goes to the OSX
machine). I am using MIMEDefang's md_check_against_smtp_server feature to
verify recipients before they are accepted at the gateway.

I am going to switch to a Debian machine with
Postfix/Amavisd/Spamassassin/Clamav as my new front-end mail server to the
Exchange server and the OSX machine (I am going to use the old Gentoo
machine for mailman once I wipe it and install Debian).

1.  Can I use the reject_unverified_recipient feature to get the same
functionality as I did with MIMEDefang's md_check_against_smtp_server?  I
have seen articles about exporting the Exchange users via LDAP and putting
them in an access map file on the Postfix server, but I am not a big fan of
that.  I would prefer to just query the Exchange server directly for valid
addresses.
2.  Is it possible to only require the reject_unverified_recipient option
on certain domains?
3.  Do I just set up each domain in a Transport Map file and tell it which
server to send the mail to?

I also have some e-mail addresses on the Exchange server that I do not want
the gateway to accept mail for.  That should be pretty easy I can just put
them in a recipient check hash file.  But, nothing is ever easy, there are
a few e-mail addresses that I would like to receive mail for to those
restricted Exchange e-mail addresses.  And, any mail created from that
machine itself would need to be able to send to those restricted Exchange
addresses.  How can I do that?

Thank you for any help you can offer me or guidance on where I can look for
answers.

Jeff