The postfix documentation regarding reject_sender_login_mismatch:

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_sender_login_mismatch
or maybe in here:
http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html

Specifically the reject_authenticated_* and reject_unauthenticated_*
forms, would greatly benefit from this small snippet from the mailing
list archives:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2009-01/0523.html

I was really not clear on how this worked until finding this.

Although I'm still not sure why the reject_authenticated_* one
is useful.

Thank You to everyone contributing to postfix!

I hope this small addition can make it into the docs...

johnea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ snippet from mail archives ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
to sum up:

- if f...@example.com can only be used by user 'foo', then use
reject_sender_login_mismatch

- if f...@example.com must be authenticated (but you don't care who the
user is), then use reject_unauthenticated_sender_login_mismatch

- if f...@example.com can be used (without auth) OR (if auth'ed, the user
must be 'foo'), then use reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch

<advanced>
you can implement this on a per sender basis using a check_sender_access
with a map that returns one of the above depending on the sender.

for example:

smtpd_sender_restrictions =
        check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/access_sender_login

== access_sender_login:
j...@example.com reject_sender_login_mismatch
j...@example.com reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch
j...@example.com reject_unauthenticated_sender_login_mismatch
f...@example.com DUNNO
example.com reject_sender_login_mismatch
</advanced>