> It would look like Ralf already showed you. But if you are sending to
> example.org which has the two MX RRs, then there is no need to configure
> transport maps.  If you do use transport maps, the lack of brackets around
> the nexthop means Postfix will use MX lookups when deciding which nexthop to
> choose.
>
> You CANNOT specify multiple nexthops in the sense you tried to in your
> original post.

Perhaps I left out a detail. There is actually a third mx in dns,
which is THIS postfix machine. Although

$ host -t mx domain.com
domain.com mail is handled by 20 domain.com.bak-mx.smtpblah.com.
domain.com mail is handled by 10 domain.com.pri-mx.smtpblah.com.

if I do an axfr it is actually:
domain.com.         3600    IN      MX      10 domain.com.pri-mx.smtpblah.com.
domain.com.         3600    IN      MX      20 domain.com.bak-mx.smtpblah.com.
domain.com.         3600    IN      MX      90 POSTFIX.domain.com.

So I want to avoid postfix sending mail for domain.com (a valid relay
domain, actually our domain) to itself.
I am not sure why a straight host lookup did not return the third mx
when it is in dns.

If this looks strange, it is due to the fact that this MTX's primary
role is to relay mail
FROM certain hosts which are configured to use this machine as their smtp server
without using dns TO anywhere. However, I want to make sure that mail
for our domain is also passed
on properly back to one of the two mx's I mentioned, without looping
back to this
postfix. I hope that's clear...