Robin Smidsrød wrote:
Mikael Bak wrote:
Robin Smidsrød wrote:
I've had at least one client leave because he absolutely needs to have
every email, because every single email he receives could be really
important. So dealing with spam is something he just has to do. On the
other hand I have users that don't really care one way or the other. I
just want to be able to let the user make that choice. And rejecting
email based on (possibly forged) helo is a system-wide policy, not a
user-specific policy. Is it possible to make this a user-policy?

It is possible to make rules user and/or domain dependant with carefully
built restriction classes. If you haven't read this already, please do:

Thanks for the link. It indeed explains how to make rules user-definable.

Of course, to enable use of check_recipient_access in
smtpd_helo_restrictions, smtpd_delay_reject must obviously be set to Yes
(the default).

-- Robin

You can also use a check_recipient_access table that returns the restrictions you want applied to that particular recipient domain or user. As long as you're not doing table lookups, you don't need smtpd_restriction_classes.

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
  check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/restrictions

# /etc/postfix/restrictions
u...@example.com  reject_non_fqdn_hostname, reject_rbl_clie...
example.com  permit_auth_destination

  -- Noel Jones