Yes, that's what the docs say.
450 = default, defer mail if the address can't be verified.
250 = if the address can't be verified, accept it anyway. Not recommended.

So, summarizing. (And, please, correct me before doing a wrong change in my config file):

My current server now is a backscatter source, because it accepts mail to ANY recipient address for the domains listed in relay_domains (domains I'm work as a secondary MX for).

By adding the following to my main.cf, I'll check RCPT TO addresses against primary MX, except when PRIMARY MX doesn't answer. In that case, I'll accept any destination for my relay_domains list, just like I was doing before adding those lines:

address_verify_map = btree:/var/lib/postfix/verify
address_verify_positive_refresh_time = 14d
unverified_recipient_defer_code = 250

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
   permit_mynetworks,
   permit_sasl_authenticated,
   (...)
   reject_unverified_recipient,
   permit

If the above is true, I'm in a "better" state than before: when the primary MX works, I reject "non existing accounts", and when it does not work, I accept ALL (as I was doing).

Is that right?

Thanks.