On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Martijn de Munnik wrote:

> > > Yes, but still things can go wrong and I don't want a failing DNS lookup
> > > to be fatal.
> >
> > Postfix always returns a 4xx in case of such failures
> >
> > > As far as I know it does. But I see it is also included in
> > > xbl.spamhaus.org.
> >
> > Rather use zen.spamhaus.borg
> I was referring to xbl because I use policyd-weight. policyd-weight
> includes the spamhaus zones (http://www.policyd-weight.org/)
> >
> > > Mmm, I think I need to read the manual to really understand where all
> > > those rejects/permits belong.
> >
> > I'd put them all into smtpd_recipient_restrictions #:)
>
> http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html#danger

Oh please.  Mitigating that danger is trivial; just follow the instructions
lower in that same document:

In order to avoid surprises like these with smtpd_recipient_restrictions, you
should place non-recipient restrictions AFTER the reject_unauth_destination
restriction, not before.

--
Sahil Tandon <sa...@tandon.net>