Olivier Nicole a écrit :
> Hi Dave,
>
>>      I'm running postfix, amavisd-new and spamassassin. Currently in my
>> postfix smtpd_recipient_restrictions right at the end last thing i have some
>> rbl checks. I'm wondering if that's the best place for them or should i
>> disable that and activate them in spamassassin? Suggestions welcome.
>
> This is a difficult question.
>
> Do you really 100% trust the rbl you are using to have no false
> positive (some were listing gmail.com recently)?

some list the universe (voluntarily). I can setup one now, if I was not
sure some people would use it and complain...

but the existence of bad lists doesn't make good lists bad.

> If yes, the you can keep the rbl in postfix, it rejects the email at
> earlier stage.
>
> If no, you better test rbl in SA, as the rbl test only contributes to
> the final score.
>
> I personnally use the second.

- some lists are safe for blocking at router/firewall level.
- some lists are safe for rejection at postfix level
- some lists are safe for tagging in SA
- some lists are just unsafe

so the decision where/how to use a list doesn't result in "I use them
this way", but "I use different defenses at different places in
different ways".

here, a very small percentage ever makes it to SA.