On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, rank1see...@gmail.com wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: Sahil Tandon <sa...@tandon.net>
To: postfix-users@postfix.org
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:37:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Simple filter via pipe

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009, rank1see...@gmail.com wrote:

I don't believe I can help you any further.

I think it is about me comprehending pipe term.
I know how data is piped from one command to another or from file, or
file descriptor, etc. Ie: output only mp3 files from current dir list
# ls -al | grep *.mp3

So what does "sendmail is a pipe" means, in this context?

At your shell, type 'man 8 pipe' and read carefully.

Thanks. On FreeBSD that is section 2
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=pipe&sektion=2&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+7.2-RELEASE

I've read it and still have no logical clue.

You read the FreeBSD pipe system call man page 'man 2 pipe'?

Sahil does in fact mean 'man 8 pipe'. That is where the man page for the Postfix pipe delivery is located.