On Tuesday 08 September 2009 13:30:32 bsd wrote:

> Can I mix both type of accounts / config (local with Unix type &&
> virtual) ?

Answer is simply yes.

Just add relevant virtual mailbox settings to main.cf.

Unless it is overly complex, my migration plan would be enable "soft_bounce",
add relevant settings, test, remove "soft_bounce" when happy. But I have a
test server as well to work it all out on first!

You can even use Dovecot LDA for local delivery of virtual users if it makes
the configuration simpler.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix

You can have distinct delivery for virtual mailboxes and "local" mailboxes.

virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmailbox
virtual_mailbox_domains = pop.mail.zynet.net
virtual_mailbox_base = /var/spool/mail
virtual_minimum_uid = 100
virtual_uid_maps = static:5000
virtual_gid_maps = static:5000

If it were me, I'd be tempted to replace local users with virtual users for
all customer emails. You can probably do that and preserve all the settings
the end user needs. As unless there is a need for a system account I prefer
to have all in a database, not creating some little understood weakness in my
system authentication.