On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, Wietse Venema wrote:

Are you able to recommend any methods / tools to extract this information
from the log files, Wietse, or is it just a case of writing a script to do
so?

I understand that you are actually doing from-to analysis: for
example, who sends mail to Yahoo that is getting stuck in the queue.

In that case, "qshape -s" (statistics by sender domain) could help.
(Assuming that there is a relationship between sender domain and
sender IP address).

Otherwise, a qshape option for stats by IP address might be an idea.

I think a qshape option to view stats per IP address would be brilliant,
if possible!!

Why are "stats by sender domain" not sufficient?

They are certainly very useful, but maybe the stats by IP address would be easier to see which machines are sending through the relay at a glance (As an IP address can send from any domain, in theory? The translation from sender domain to actual client IP address would mean trawling through the logs (as it wouldn't necessarily be the same as the domain's MX record) ?

If it can't be done easily, then that's fine. It is the *only* feature of Qmail I do miss a little though :-) But then the positive features outweigh that tenfold.

Cheers
Duncan