Robin Whittle:
> I am not sure whether this is specified in an RFC, but I understand
> that for every part of the remote MTA's response which starts with
> "544-" there should be a new line in the message to the sender.

Error reports are standardized in 346[1-4]. I invite you to point
out the requirement that ASCII art shall be preserved.

I just can't wait until people start using dotplan(1) animations
(text that uses backspace and other control characters in creative
ways) in their delivery status notifications and demand that these
be reproduced faithfully on recipient screens.

        Wietse

(1) http://www.faqs.org/faqs/signature_finger_faq/section-36.html