On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Noel Jones wrote:

smtpd_recipient_restricions = reject_unauth_destination,
reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
permit_mynetworks

Am I doing something wrong?

It seems to me that the restrictions aren't processed in the order that
you specify them on the smtpd_recipient_restrictions line? :)

Your observations are flawed. Postfix does indeed evaluate restrictions in the order given.

Perhaps you forgot to run "postfix reload" or perhaps your main.cf has more than one smtpd_recipient_restrictions defined.

or perhaps you misspelled "restricions" in main.cf like you did in this message. Always check your "postconf -n" output to verify that postfix see what you expect.

Ahh this is more than possible .. Would 'postfix reload' not complain about a syntax error? I'm sure I've seen this in the past. I always reload postfix after editing main.cf :-)

Sorry for replying again, but I think I may have resolved this:

Set smtpd_delay_reject = yes
set smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_sender,
reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
reject_unknown_recipient_domain

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_unauth_destination

This seems to have the desired effect. This look OK to you guys?

Yes, this is fine also. There are multiple ways to do what you described earlier.

Excellent.  All would appear to be fine then, and am loving Postfix.

Thanks again for your help, everyone.

~ Duncan