Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre wrote:
Is not valid for doing all you're customers mail machines to connect to a relayhost, because machines connecting to relay host smtpd server are not doing any pop against nothing. Take a list of users in all databases, do a small table in mysql set the primary key properly (refresh table with changes with cron several times per day, 2 or 3) and set a dedicated mysql machine and another one in backup replicating from the master and not be queried. And you should move with this structure the mail without serious problems. I think you're more worried about authentication wich is pretty easy and forgotten about other problems... like spam I said... because if you have so huge number of users you should control what are they doing and here you should be perhaps more skillful. I'm working on a new project for helping Postfix preventing spam and rejecting it quite easy (not just through spamassassin, that is not enough) in some months I'll have it available and opened under BSD license too as Postfix quota reject.

I will try to do that. It's just that some users are in MySQL, some in passwd, some in BerkeleyDB, and so on.
But I guess it is the only stable solution.

Thank you all for your opinions.

Have a nice weekend.

--
Martin