Victor Duchovni put forth on 9/26/2009 1:36 PM:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 05:36:30PM +0200, Sven Strickroth wrote:
>
>> Am 26.09.2009 16:18 schrieb Wietse Venema:
>>> OK, so you send out IP packets with your static IP source address
>>> out over the dynamic interface.
>> no, and there's the problem. if the static-ip connection is down,
>> postfix reports "warning: smtp_connect_addr: bind x.x.x.x: Cannot assign
>> requested address" and then it binds to the dynamic ip and uses that.
>>
>> Why not add an option so that if the binding to the smtp_bind_address
>> fails that postfix refuses to send mail.
>
> Add filters to block outbound port 25 on the dynamic interface. Pretend
> your ISP has already done that for you (as many do).

Or...

Might it be possible, via transport_maps or something, to relay via SASL
auth to your dynamic IP DSL provider's submission/outbound SMTP relay
server, either on TCP 25 or 587 (whichever they support), whenever your
static IP interface is down?  This will definitely help to mitigate some
delivery issues you mentioned WRT receivers' anti spam measures.  I ran
this way for almost 4 years on an SBC/AT&T PPPoE dynamic IP DSL
connection with great success, although it was a single line setup.

--
Stan