On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 01:05:18PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

> Zhang Huangbin:
> > Hi, all.
> >
> > smtpd_sender_login_maps is missing in proxy_read_maps, is it a good
> > idea to add it by default? so that we can use proxymap(8) in
> > smtpd_sender_login_maps (with default proxy_read_maps).
>
> I see no problem with doing this.

Currently proxy_read_maps includes the various (non security sensitive)
"rewriting" related tables, and not others:

    #define DEF_PROXY_READ_MAPS     "$" VAR_LOCAL_RCPT_MAPS \
                                    " $" VAR_MYDEST \
                                    " $" VAR_VIRT_ALIAS_MAPS \
                                    " $" VAR_VIRT_ALIAS_DOMS \
                                    " $" VAR_VIRT_MAILBOX_MAPS \
                                    " $" VAR_VIRT_MAILBOX_DOMS \
                                    " $" VAR_RELAY_RCPT_MAPS \
                                    " $" VAR_RELAY_DOMAINS \
                                    " $" VAR_CANONICAL_MAPS \
                                    " $" VAR_SEND_CANON_MAPS \
                                    " $" VAR_RCPT_CANON_MAPS \
                                    " $" VAR_RELOCATED_MAPS \
                                    " $" VAR_TRANSPORT_MAPS \
                                    " $" VAR_MYNETWORKS \
                                    " $" VAR_SEND_BCC_MAPS \
                                    " $" VAR_RCPT_BCC_MAPS \
                                    " $" VAR_SMTP_GENERIC_MAPS \
                                    " $" VAR_LMTP_GENERIC_MAPS

How comprehensive should the default list be?
If smtpd_sender_login_maps is included, what else should be added?

    address_verify_sender_dependent_relayhost_maps
    address_verify_transport_maps
    fallback_transport_maps
    lmtp_discard_lhlo_keyword_address_maps
    lmtp_pix_workaround_maps
    lmtp_sasl_password_maps
    lmtp_tls_policy_maps
    mailbox_transport_maps
    rbl_reply_maps
    sender_dependent_relayhost_maps
    smtp_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps
    smtp_pix_workaround_maps
    smtp_sasl_password_maps
    smtp_tls_policy_maps
    smtpd_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps
    smtpd_sender_login_maps

Perhaps, more, the above are just the candidate parameters not listed
whose names end in "_maps". There are at least also:

        lmtp_tls_per_site
        smtp_tls_per_site
        relay_clientcerts

--